We didn’t receive whole lot of entries this time (Understandable, as tattoo artists are pretty busy during the holidays). A shame, because the prizes are terrific (a $450 custom portfolio and a $400 tattoo machine). Not to worry. We’re going add more time, post the final images, count votes and award the winner with a custom-made (your design), hand-tooled leather photo portfolio from Wasted Talent and a Micky Sharpz tattoo machine to the runner-up. Fantastic prizes.
THE FINALISTS SO FAR
Eric Johnson, No Guts No Glory, Lincoln City, Oregon
Patrice Pamphile, Murda Ink 3, West Babylon, New York
Steve Thompson, Classic Tattoo, Las Vegas
Robert Rodrigiez, Murda Ink 3, West Babylon, New York
Douglas Lamb, Tattoo 42, Beaverton, Oregon
1. Enter your original Old School Traditional Flash, any subject, any size, any color. Multiple entries are okay.
2. Send hi-rez images to firstname.lastname@example.org. Type “Tattoo Contest” in the subject line. If entering flash sheet, make copy (don’t send original artwork) and send to: Tattoo Road Trip, Box 69, 2149 Cascade, Suite 106-A, Hood River, OR 97031.
3. Include artist name, shop name, city, state and phone number.
4. Entries close Friday, December 27th, 2013.
5. The Voting Booth will open on Monday, December 30th, 2013 and remain open for two weeks. (At this time all the artwork will be posted, along with the artist and shop names.)
6. Prizes will be awarded to the top three vote-getters on Saturday, December 21st.
• First Prize: Custom, hand-tooled leather tattoo portfolio from Waste of Talent.
• Second Prize: World-famous Micky Sharpz “Hybrid” tattoo machine.
• Third Prize: “Mommy’s New Tattoo—A Bedtime Story for People” by Levi Greenacres.