WIN AN AUTOGRAPHED COPY!
TATTOO ROAD TRIP—THE BEST OF THE SOUTHWEST (Arizona and New Mexico)
By Bob Baxter and Mary Gardner
Thirty hand-picked tattoo shops and the work of over one hundred artists are included in this book showcasing the blossoming body art communities in New Mexico and Arizona. Displayed are over 600 color photos of tattoo artistry. Trendsetting artists create a wide range of tattoo art in motifs as diverse as the men and women who receive and appreciate them. The artwork ranges from the small to the large. Classic black and white artistry and modern full color work are featured. Themes captured include natural scenes, animals and birds, flowers, nautical scenes and symbols, Oriental motifs from dragons to geishas, portraits of loved ones, religious art, Day of the Dead motifs, occult symbology, and much more. The artists and their shops are also featured. For anyone with an appreciation of tattoo artistry, this book is for you.
Available May 2014 | Size: 12″ x 12″ | 612 color photos | 304 pp | Binding: hard cover | $80
TATTOO ROAD TRIP—THE BEST OF OREGON
By Bob Baxter and Mary Gardner
It is said that Oregonians have more body art per capita than any state in the union. Bob Baxter and his wife, Mary Gardner, have carefully vetted and selected forty-four of the best shops out of hundreds in their home state in order to expand and improve their already vast online tattoo shop directory. Spending three months on the road and traveling nearly a thousand miles, they visited each location, interviewed the owners, and photographed the shops’ finest and most loyal clients. The result is the fifth installment in the Tattoo Road Trip series, a captivating, regional tattoo compendium and day-by-day account of the couple’s adventures on the road in the Beaver State, from top to bottom, along the coast and inland. This one-of-a-kind collection of tattoos and tattoo artists is an essential component to the enthusiast’s understanding of the tattoo scene in this majestic Pacific Northwestern state.
Size: 12″ x 12″ | 908 color photos & 29 drawings | 320 pp | Binding: hard cover | $80
1. Enter your original Color Tattoo, any subject, any size, any color. Multiple entries are okay.
2. Contest is open to the artists who did the tattoo or the collector who wears it (even if they are already featured in one of the Tattoo Road Trip books).
3. Send hi-rez JPEG images to email@example.com. Type “Tattoo Contest” in the subject line or send to: Tattoo Road Trip, Box 69, 2149 Cascade, Suite 106-A, Hood River, OR 97031.
4. Include artist name, shop name, city, state and phone number of the artist who did the work.
4. Entries close Friday, April 18th.
5. The Voting Booth will open on Monday, April 21st, 2014 and remain open for two weeks and close on Friday, May 2nd. (At this time all the artwork will be posted, along with the artist and shop names.)
• First Prize: Autographed copy of “Tattoo Road Trip—”The Best of the Southwest”
• Second Prize: Autographed copy of “Tattoo Road Trip—”The Best of Oregon”